They are making plans for the training to continue after we are finished on Friday. We are practicing in class how they can work together and help each other study and grow together. They are planning for the Deaf people to gather together and continue study. They have never done this before!
We very much emphasized the Deaf CAN study God’s Word.
The Deaf CAN be the leaders.
This is the MOST important thing I thank God He is doing!
AS I talk with the Deaf it hits me to be more thankful, so here are somethings I have been thankful for this week…
· Water for a shower/bucket bath (most days:)
· Thank God for Deodorant too
· Refrigerator to have cold drinks (sometimes frozen!)
· Shower with a lip around bottom so I can wash clothes
· Electricity (most days) – but no lights in the church/classrooms
· Bed with pillows
· Trucks for us to ride in (with Drivers to keep us safe!!)
· Liberian Lutheran church members to host us
· Cooks – cooking Liberian meals
· Dr Who TV show my son bought and my wife sent with me – watching one each night was my way to relax at the end of the day – or until battery power ran out:)
I thank God for my family! Both physical and spiritual (Church family)! I miss my wife and family. I am looking forward to being home and loving them again. I would not be able to do this without their support!
I thank God for the people working together with me! Here it is Rev Scott Rische and Rev. David Seabaugh and their wives. In the U.S. Pastor Palmer and I have a great team of people working with us. I THANK GOD for ALL of you!! It is great to have a team to work together! I pray God will allow us to bring a Deaf Team here to work with the Liberian Deaf people.
I thank God for ALL our fellow Christians working in His Kingdom. Coming to Liberia and working with the Deaf here is awesome. But as we work together I am reminded each of us is very important in God’s Outreach. What is it that impacts the world? - As we share Jesus in our everyday life. Yes, leading the Outreach Training is necessary. BUT it is as these Christians now know THEY are important in God’s eyes and share His love and forgiveness – THAT is how God changes the world.
Thank you for your love, support, and prayers. I pray God will continue to guide us, help us equip more people, and bless our Outreach together!
Rev. Dr. John Reinke